Saturday, July 3, 2010

OMG...cute little denim bag


OK...so how frickin' cute is this little denim bag?  I was cruising the Goodwill yesterday (holla to Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville) buying some gray shirts for a special project yet to be disclosed...when I saw all the poor jeans languishing on the racks (it is 110 degrees in Vegas right now).  So I thought I'd find a small pair of Levi's to make into a little purse.  Some skinny chick had thankfully donated her size 1 low rise Levi jeans and I bought them for $2.50.  I figured I could find a nice tutorial on how to make one of these, but not so much....I just read a bunch, looked at some pictures and went for it.  But the best part is the inside lining (hey, I went all out on myself).  Check it out...
How totally cutie pie is that lining?  I had it in my stash....by the way, I had to HAND SEW it into the inside of the waistband.  My fingers about died pushing the needle through the denim...maybe next time I'll get off my butt and get a thimble, huh?  I am telling you, this is just adorable.  I'm going Goodwill shopping today (50% off all clothing) and I'll look for another small pair, or even a children's pair of Levis, to make one for my daughter Allison.  Other than that, I don't know that I'd consider making one for anyone else....it was sort of challenging...LOL.  Anyhow, I have to get busy doing something crafty...

1 comment:

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!