Saturday, September 4, 2010

Christmas Quilt Along...

As you know, I had to start back to work this week.  But I still managed to cut out a purple and blue quilt for Rebecca's neice (to be shown tomorrow)...and I worked on my Christmas tree skirt project.  I am going to make the tree skirt from Crazy Mom Quilts' blog tutorial.  Check out hers.....I've made my log cabin blocks (all from vintage plaid shirts)....tomorrow I will buy the fabric for the background.  I'm leaning towards a beige/light tan.  But maybe it will end up being white...we'll see.  Anyhow, here is my proof that I worked on Christmas today....

Ideally I'll end up quilting it myself....once I learn how to stipple.  I've been practicing in my head--does that count??  LOL....Anyhow, I've got to clean up for tonight, but expect some pics of the fabric squares for the other quilt....Happy Quilting!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how much practicing in your head counts but I always draw out quilting designs (many times) before trying them on the machine. I find If I can draw them I can quilt them.

    Love these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these blocks!! I do a lot of piecing practice in my head while at my day job! lol

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!