Monday, September 27, 2010

Work stinks...

So I posted like a madwoman all summer...and now my blog is as dry as a bone.  Sadly, the kids at school demand my attenion ALL THE TIME.  What is up with that?  And they are actually nice kids, doing their homework...more papers to grade.  Seriously.  Don't they know I have a life?  LOL....

Anyhow, what have I been up to lately?  I sewed part of the Christmas quilt for the quilt along.  Not much, but still....I'll save a pic of that for Saturday.

I went to Universal Studios for Ryan's 10th birthday...we all stayed in Hollywood then at my sister's in CA for the weekend.  Some drunken bowling at the Rock and Roll lanes occurred...but I'm not naming any names (you both know who you are!).  Here are the kids with that role model we all love...Spongebob!

Sadly, due to the fabric buying moratorium, I came away empty handed from the Quilter's Studio.  Oh my, how are these stores going to remain in business if I really stop buying for a year?  OMG....

Oh yeah, I guess I can preview what I'm giving away for the Fall Into Fall blog giveaway.  Shhh.....it is a Bliss jelly roll.  Yes, I want it so bad that I hope nobody actually posts a comment and I'm forced to keep it for myself.  Hmmmm....that could happen.  ???  I was allowed to purchase this at Quiltique specifically for the giveaway.  But I really want it for myself.  I'll make a post on October 1st and then pick the winner randomly from the comments on October 15th.  I think those are the rules.  And don't worry, dear followers, I won't make you do a bunch of weird crap to be considered for the giveaway!

Denise is going to bring by her Seuss quilt as soon as she gets the courage to wash it.  I cautioned her about the red possibly bleeding and now it seems she isn't that gung-ho about about possibly ruining it.  I doubt it will run though...but I recommended cold water and the Shout color catchers...and prayer...lots of prayer! 
:-D

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it annoying when work gets in the way of playing?

    I love the Bliss range. When I first saw it I didn't, but after seeing a few quilts made with it, I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!! Work stinks! lol

    LOVE that jelly roll.... You could just share it with me! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sponge Bob had to be a huge hit!!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!