Saturday, March 30, 2013

More Butterflies....

I'm addicted to the butterflies....I can't stop!!  This wall hanging is for my classroom....48" x 48".  Most of the batiks were purchased at Scrap Apple in St. George, UT.  If you like batiks, they have a fantastic selection.  Check it out...



And an up close shot....can you see the text prints for the butterfly centers??  How awesome....there is a Dr. Who print from Spoonflower, a hard to find barcode print, some Three Stooges, a wine print ( I hope my students can't read it), some texting prints, newspaper prints, etc....Awesome!


On another note, I wrote a second pattern.  Baby Butterflies....I'll put it on Craftsy tomorrow but I've already sold a dozen to one LQS and am making a sample from Honey Honey for another shop.  They have already bought 48 of my Maybellene pattern!  Here is the cover, and a remade cover for Maybellene...

I did it using PicMonkey.  I need to improve my graphic design skills....but it is a start....




The Baby Butterflies pattern includes alternate sizing fabric requirements...and both have coloring diagrams.  I love coloring diagrams!  Anyhow, it is a start, right??

I'll post up pics of the Honey Honey quilt tomorrow...or Monday.  Happy Quilting!




2 comments:

  1. I love those print butterfly bodies -- especially Doctor Who!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of batiks! That is a very cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!